TV advertising and marketing
Technological convergence: Allows audiences to access media content from multiple platforms on one device. It involves the coming together of information and communication technologies to create new ways of producing and distributing products and services to media audiences (coming together of lots of different media platforms on an advice)
Black box: Is a device that supplies us with all of our informational and media requirements (e.g. a smartphone) ( a single device which allows you to do lots of different media processes)
What is WEB 2.0?
-The dot.com boom (1998-2001) was a huge rise in the number of internet based companies
-There was than a shirt from Web 1.0 to WEB 2.0
-It was the possibility of 'staying' online and interacting online which really changed things
-Web 2.0 site allows uses to interact and collaborate with each other in a social media dialogue as creators of user-generated content
My Technological Timeline:
-2007-Wii
-2009-DS lite pink
-2011-- I Pod touch
-2012-DS black
-2013-- I phone 5C
-2013-I pad
-2013-I pod shuffle
-2014-- Gold Mac Book
-2015--I pad 1
-2016-I pad mini
-2019-I phone X
-2019-Mac book Pro-current computer
Online Distribution: Music and telly sion can now be downloaded streamed or simulcasted at the click of a button--without ever having to leave your armchair. It is avail to whenever, wherever
Simulcasting: When a media product is broadcast both online and via a traditional medium at the same time. In television terms, it could refer to programme being broadcast on two different channels ( two different ways to be broadcasted online at the same time
Narrowcast Channels: Television channels that distribute special interest (niche--small audience) content (fishing magazines)
Below the line advertising: The distribution of pamphlets, stickers, promotions etc. at the point of a sale (not in your face but subtle)
Over the line advertising: Posters, Billboards (in your face advertising)= companies do both to widen the audience
Online advertising:
Notes are okay. Technological timeline could have been done in more detail. The post is left on a cliffhanger (Online Advertising) - presumably, there are supposed to be some notes under the title.
ReplyDeleteMr Boon